MedShr.net, located at www.medshr.net is a site operated by Medshr Ltd. hereinafter “MedShr”, “we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08928248. We are a limited company.
We operate a Platform and an online community that is designed to form a network for doctors, medical students, and healthcare professionals to engage, share and learn with view to improving overall healthcare. The Services offered by MedShr include our app (the “App”), the MedShr.net website (the "Website"), the MedShr Instant Messaging ("MIM"), the MedShr E-mail ("ME"), and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by us and our partners.
MedShr is committed to protecting your personal information when using our services; we strive to create a safe and pleasant environment for everyone. In order to provide you with the full spectrum of our Services, we may need to collect information about you. This page aims to help you to understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it, how MedShr protects such data and what choices you have on how that information is used.
MedShr may collect and process the following data about you
Information we collect from Visitors
Visitors to our Website can access the Website’s home page and browse some areas of the Website, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. Visitors to our App may browse some areas of the App, without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
We may track information provided to us by your browser, including the Website you came from (known as the referring URL), any MedShr online advertisements located on third party websites that you may have clicked on to access the Website, the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you.
In some cases you must register to access portions of the Website and App. In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. MedShr may use Web server and browser information to individually customise its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website and/or any of our services.
Individual Members must be registered with their national regulatory authorities as a doctor, medical student, nurse or allied healthcare professional. Therefore Users who wish to become an Individual Member, will submit to a unique identification pre-registration check upon application to MedShr. Personal e-mail addresses determine this unique identifier and provide both a User ID necessary to log in to our Services and a method of communication between us, and our Members. We require Users to confirm their registration through a number of mechanisms including a verification link through a professional email address.
A Member’s personal e-mail address remains hidden from other Users unless they choose to display it. Members and pre-registered Members in corporate schemes have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any stage whereupon all personal data will be removed. Corporate scheme Member pre-registration requires submission by the corporate scheme client of first name, surname and e-mail address to generate a pre-registered member profile. Corporate scheme clients are provided with an e-mail for all prospective members informing that corporate scheme Membership has been provided for them and that their e-mail address will be released for this purpose, and this purpose alone to us. An e-mail address is provided allowing individuals to unsubscribe preventing submission of their e-mail address. Corporate scheme Members may unsubscribe at any time following pre-registration whereupon all personal data and e-mail addresses will be removed. MedShr selects and stores non-personally-identifiable data including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from Members and Visitors to our Website.MedShr.net E-mail is an internal service that allows communication between members without the need to disclose personal e-mail addresses to one another. Members may wish to disclose personal e-mail addresses to one another but are advised to do so with caution, and at their own risk.
Access or sign up to any of our Services, activities or online content, such as our App, newsletters, live chats, message boards, or creation of an account using MedShr’s online registration system may result in MedShr receiving personal information about you.
When Visitors register to use services on our Website and/or App, they are asked to provide identifying information. This may consist of information such as your name, gender, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity. On our registration screen, we label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. Our Website and/or App will obtain your consent before collecting personally identifiable information.
In order to register as a User with, you may be asked to sign up to our Services by using your LinkedIn login, Facebook login, by entering your details manually or with other partner organisation mechanisms. By doing this, you automatically authorise us to access some of your LinkedIn, Facebook and partner data, such as your public LinkedIn/Facebook/partner profile /email address /interests / gender /birthday /current city /photos /connections, and data about and photos of your LinkedIn connections. You may also be asked to allow us to collect your location data from your device when you download or use our Service. Upon collection of same, we may classifying data, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you conduct business with us, financial information.
Information we collect when you register
Our Services are not intended or designed to attract people under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from site visitors under the age of 18.
We will make effort to limit the collection, use and holding of your information that we require to deliver exceptional service to you, which includes,
- Advising you about MedShr products, newsletters, services and other opportunities, and to administer MedShr’s business and/or provide you with relevant info, products or services that you have requested.
- To ensure that content from our Website and/or App is presented in the most effective way for you and your accessing devices.
- To present your Member profile and/or posting(s) to the general public or Users.
- To permit the Platform to allow your Member profile and/or posting(s) to be included in search engines.
- To allow your activity to be visible to others.
- To allow users to exchange details with each other, which may include the disclosure of personal information.
- Parts of your Member profile, messages, or posting(s) may feature in other parts of the Platform for marketing functions.
- To fulfill our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a copy of, or log your communication.
- To notify you about changes to any and all of our Services.
- To use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to send you info about goods and services, which may be of interest to you and we, or they, may contact you about these by e-mail or SMS. Additionally, we may sometimes send offers or information to selected groups of users. To accomplish this we may use third parties working on behalf of MedShr.
- In relation to IP addresses, we may collect information about your computer or laptop (or other such processor), including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We will take reasonable steps to safeguard any information you share with us. We store the information you provide about yourself in a database in order to provide you with the information you request. The information is stored for the lifetime of the database unless you request that it be removed.
- Member accounts are secured and kept private by Member authenticated passwords. Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site and/or app, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential and not to share your Member password with any third parties.
- All information as provided by you to us will be kept on our secure servers. We take precautions to ensure that Member account information is kept private. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information, however MedShr takes all reasonable precautions to maintain our Services and data security.
- Not withstanding all our efforts to secure your info, we remind you that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. MedShr is therefore unable to guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or our App; any transmission of your data is at your own risk.
- Chat Rooms, Message Boards, Public Forums and Weblogs: Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to WebLogs or Message Boards or any other Public Forums that that information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by those people to send users unsolicited communications
- You of course have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking nominated sections on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also contact us privacy@MedShr.net.
MedShr may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below,
- Companies and people who work for us: our contracts with other companies and individuals to help us provide services. For example, we may host some of our services on another company’s computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Website and/or App, or work with companies to analyse data and provide customer service. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information that we maintain about our Users.
- To contact you in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services.
- Please note that we will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertising partners, but we may give them collective info about our user base. We may also use such info to help advertisers reach a more tailored audience.
- If you do not wish us to use your data in any of the above stated ways, or to pass your personal details on to any third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- Furthermore, under the Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such request made to us may be subject to a fee of £10 in order to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information that we hold about you.
MedShr may release your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If MedShr Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are duty bound to divulge or share your personal data in order to meet with any legal requirements, or in order to administer or apply our Terms and Conditions (www.medshr.net/pages/terms) or agreements; or to safeguard the rights, property, or safety of MedShr, our User base, or others. This could include, but is not limited to, exchanging info with other businesses and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Except as described above, MedShr will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except to the extent reasonably necessary,
- To correct technical problems and malfunctions, to technically process your information and to determine the effectiveness of our projects.
- To protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others.
- To take precautions against liability.
- To protect the security and integrity of our website. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our Website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of our Services, we may use your personal info to prevent such actions. Where we reasonably believe that you are, or may be, in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your actions.
- To the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process.
- To the enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, as applicable.
Cookies, log files, and pixel-tags (Web beacons) are technologies that could be used by the Site to identify a user as the user moves through the Site, or as the user clicks on a online advertisement located on a third party website. Your browser allows us to place some information (session based IDs and/or persistent cookies) on your computer’s hard drive that identifies the computer you are using. We may use to personalise our Site. Your Web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognise you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. On occasion, we contract with third parties to place cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Although cookies do not normally contain personally identifiable information, if you have provided us information about you, we may associate your registration information with cookies or other tracking utilities our Website places on your computer’s hard drive.
Furthermore we may use other tracking systems like pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called Web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie. But because of their insignificant size, it is not visible; though, they are used to pass certain information to our servers to personalise our Website and to track your usage across other MedShr websites and third party websites where MedShr online advertisements are located. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based e-mails.
Our Website may, occasionally, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and associates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
By using this Website, our App and their contents and/or any our Services made available to you, you consent to our collection and use of your information as described above. We will continuously assess its practices to ensure that your privacy is respected.